HomeResourcesThe complete guide to Form I-907
October 29th 2019

The complete guide to Form I-907

Current and prospective employers can use Form I-907 to request an expedited response from USCIS within 15 days. Below, we walk you through key facts about Form I-907 including required materials and deadlines so that you can arrive and thrive in the U.S.

Nova Credit is a cross-border credit bureau that allows newcomers to apply for U.S. credit cards, phone plans, and loans using their foreign credit history.

We and all of our authors strive to provide you with high-quality content. However, the written content on this website solely represents the views of the authors, unless otherwise specifically cited, but doesn’t represent professional financial or legal advice. As we cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the published articles or sources referenced, please use the information at your own discretion.

Filing Form I-907, the Request for Premium Processing Service, may speed up the immigration process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for some foreign nationals who are or wish to work in the U.S. 

Current and prospective employers can use Form I-907 to request an expedited response from USCIS within 15 days. Below, we walk you through key facts about Form I-907 including required materials and deadlines so that you can arrive and thrive in the U.S.

What is Form I-907?

Form I-907, or Request for Premium Processing Service, is a form that is used to request faster processing of two immigration forms: 

  • Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker

  • Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker

While these two forms are the only ones that USCIS designated as available for premium processing services, all visa classes that fall under Form I-129 and Form I-140 are also eligible with the exception of the following visas, which fall under Form I-140:

  • EB-1, Multilingual Manager or Executive category; and

  • EB-2, National Interest Waiver categories

R-1 visa applicants may only be eligible for premium processing services after the petitioner has passed on-site inspections.

How to obtain Form I-907

You can download a copy of Form I-907 from the USCIS website. Applicants without Internet access can also call the USCIS National Customer Service Center directly at 1-800-375-5283 and request that a copy of the form be mailed to you. 

Instructions for completing Form I-907

You can find up-to-date instructions on how to fill out Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing, on the link to the USCIS website. Alternatively, you may use the guidelines provided below:

Part 1 – Provide information about the person filing this request 

  • Item 1. The Alien Registration Number (A-number), if applicable. 

  • Item 2. The USCIS online account number, if applicable. This number is issued when previous applications or petitions have been filed online with USCIS. 

  • Item 3. The petitioner’s full name. 

  • Item 4. The name of the organization or company that is related to the case the request for premium processing is being made for. 

  • Items 5 and 6. The mailing address of the petitioner.

  • Item 7. The petitioner’s physical address. 

  • Item 8. Select the desired Premium Processing Service Request. 

Part 2 – Information about the request

  • Items 1-8. You will need to provide details about the specific petition or application you’d like to expedite. Fill out these sections carefully because this information is usually used to match your Form I-907 with the related form that you are requesting premium processing for.

If you already have a pending related form and would like to upgrade it to premium processing, you should complete items 1-8. On the other hand, if you are filing Form I-907 with the petition or application you are requesting the premium processing for, you must fill in items 1, 3, 4, and 5. You don’t have to complete item 2 since you won’t know the receipt number of the form you are filing for at that moment.

Part 3 – Requestor’s statement, contact information, declaration, certification, and signature

  • Items 1-7. Select the appropriate box to let USCIS know that you have this request or, if you’ve used an interpreter, select the box that shows that  you used a preparer. At this stage, you may also be asked to provide your signature, the date of your request, and contact information. You, a parent or legal guardian may sign the form, but all signatures must be in black ink. Typed or stamped names are usually not accepted.

Part 4 – Interpreter’s contact information, certification, and signature

  • Items 1-7. If an interpreter assisting you in filling out your form, he or she must complete this section in full. The interpreter’s name, his or her company’s name and address, and contact information should be provided. Additionally, the interpreter must sign and date the document in black ink.

Part 5 – Contact information, declaration, and signature of the person preparing the request, if other than the requestor

  • Items 1-8. If anyone other than the requestor is filling this request, he or she must sign and date the document. If an attorney or another accredited representative assisted you with completing the form, he or she may also need to submit Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, or Form G-281, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney in Matters Outside the Geographical Confines of the U.S.

Part 6 – Additional information 

  • Items 1-5. You may use this space to provide additional information related to the items on the previous parts of the request. If you’ll need more space than what is provided, you may make copies of Part 6. Alternatively, you may also attach a separate sheet of paper. Each additional sheet must contain your name and A-number (if applicable) at the top, along with the date and your signature. When providing additional information, indicate which page number, part number, and item number you are referencing. 

USCIS recommends that you make copies of the request before filing it for future reference and for your personal records.

Is there a filing fee? 

Yes. The filing fee for Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing is $1,410. This fee is charged in addition to fees related to the accompanying petition form. You can typically pay with a personal check, cashier's check or through a money order.

The filing fee for Form I-907 is typically paid in U.S. currency separately from the fees associated with your application or petition. If you are paying by check or money order, you may generally indicate it as payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. Avoid using abbreviations such as USHDS or DHS.

What happens if USCIS does not process the petition or application within 15 calendar days?

If USCIS fails to process the application that you requested premium processing for within 15 calendar days of receiving Form I-907, they will issue a refund of the filing fee. Otherwise, the filing fee is non-refundable.

Where to file Form I-907

Form I-907 is typically filed at the same place where you filed or will file the Form I-129 or Form I-140 that you are requesting premium processing services for. 

More information on where to file Form I-129 or Form I-140 can be found on the USCIS website. 

Additional information 

The following details may help interested applicants and petitioners to file Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing:

  • Answers must be typed or printed in black ink. 

  • Submit all necessary evidence and supporting documentation with Form I-907. 

  • USCIS may to support Form I-907. An investigation regarding the case that Form I-907 is associated with may also be required. 

  • USCIS may request that you set up an appointment for biometric data such as fingerprints or pictures and signatures to be collected. 

  • Requested documents should be submitted as legible photocopies, unless stated otherwise. USCIS reserves the right to request original copies of any photocopies. In such cases, the original documents are usually returned to you at the end of the process. 

  • If you provide documents in a language other than English, an English translation of the documents is usually required. The translator of the document must also sign the translation and certify that he or she is competent in the English language and has accurately translated the document.

The takeaway

While the process of applying and obtaining the visa may appear daunting, this guide is intended to help simplify the process of starting your new life in the U.S. After you have been approved for your visa and are preparing to travel to the U.S., consider how you will live during your stay — especially how you manage your finances from setting up a bank account to managing your credit. In the U.S., credit history is important in securing things necessary for everyday life from credit cards to utilities and even your apartment. 

How Nova Credit can help you establish credit in the U.S.

Nova Credit creates a global Credit Passport that helps people bring their credit history with them when they move to the U.S. While your credit history won’t be transferred to national bureau databases, creditors and lenders can use your Credit Passport to evaluate your application for a loan, apartment, and other services. 

Nova Credit currently connects to international credit bureaus in Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, Nigeria, South Korea and the UK.

Moved to the U.S. from Australia, Kenya, or the Philippines?

Start your U.S. credit building journey on the right foot

A strong credit score helps you access a lot in the U.S., and a credit card is an easy way to start building your U.S. credit score. Access your free international credit score, and see which U.S. credit cards could be right for you.

More from Nova Credit:

The ultimate guide to the F-1 visa

The ultimate guide to the H-1B visa

The ultimate guide to the J-1 visa 

The ultimate guide to the L-1 visa

The ultimate guide to the O-1 visa

How to check your USCIS case status

How to read the Visa Bulletin

How to build credit after moving to the US

How to get a social security card

How to get an apartment with no credit history

No credit check cell phone plans

New to the United States? Apply for a U.S. credit card using your foreign credit history. Explore cards